SolarWinds Orion NetFlow Traffic Analyzer 3.1 - Service Pack 2
This service pack requires Orion NetFlow Traffic Analyzer 3.1 (Orion NTA 3.1).
To install this service pack, extract and then run the Netflow-3.1-Update.exe file.
Orion NTA version 3.1 Service Pack 2 addresses the following issues:
- A condition where TCP traffic was not monitored if it passed through any unmonitored interfaces has been corrected.
- It is now possible to disable NetBIOS resolution on the Edit Global Settings page (Admin > NTA Settings > Global Settings > Edit) by clearing the "Enable NetBIOS resolution of endpoints" option.
- Data from unmonitored ports is no longer deleted during daily database maintenance if the "Retain unmonitored Ports Data" setting is checked on the Edit Global Settings page.
- Access to Engineer's Toolset functionality using the right-click menu has been restored in Internet Explorer versions 6 and 7.
- Country information for NetFlow-enabled devices monitored by Orion NTA is now correctly updated and verified.
- Links to the Protocol Details view from Conversation Details resources now function correctly.
- The size and weight of fonts used to display NetFlow events in Orion Last XX Events resources have been corrected.
- The NetFlow Traffic View Builder application now limits IP address group filtering to only those IP address groups enabled on the NetFlow Settings page.
- Database maintenance events related to Orion NTA are now listed in the Last XX Traffic Analysis Events resource located by default on the NTA Summary view.
- Links to the Application Details view from Conversation Details resources now function correctly.
- The label for service port 1352, formerly "Lotus Note", has been corrected to "Lotus Notes".
- Top XX Countries resources now properly handle the rare case where column names in the Orion database are duplicated.
- Top XX Countries resources now display the correct number of countries.
- Charts in Orion NTA installations using non-USA regional settings now display time in 24-hour format.
Orion NTA version 3.1 Service Pack 1 addressed the following issues:
- The default time period units for Orion NTA resources are no longer reset to minutes when the Edit Global Settings view is loaded.
- The Endpoint Details view now displays correctly after clicking an endpoint in a Conversation History resource.
- Resources now show real-time data on both refresh and page-back in all browsers.
- Data compression priority options have been adjusted to correctly handle the retention of uncompressed data for periods as short as 15 minutes.
- Orion NTA no longer locks up when both the NetFlow Node Details and the NetFlow Summary views are opened at the same time that data compression is occurring.
- Cached data is now properly handled before data compression is initiated.
- Resources and charts now display data correctly for all nodes with a SysObjectID containing the string "220.127.116.11.4.1." followed by a vendor number.
- Top XX Countries charts and resources now correctly display country data.
- IP address searches are now allowed to return results starting with "0", as in 0.XX.XX.XX.
- Filters based on the exclusion of designated IP address groups now function correctly.
- Displayed values for traffic are no longer doubled when the source or destination IP address is within the overlap of two excluded IP address groups.
- Data from unmonitored ports is now properly deleted both when the destination port number is lower than the source port number and when the source port number is lower than the destination port number.
- A data retrieval error for Top XX Conversations resources has been fixed.
- All expired flows are now deleted from the Orion database as designed.
- Clearing the unresolved IP address cache no longer causes timeouts.
- Network-wide Top XX Protocols, Top XX Types of Service, and Top XX IP Address Groups resources now display the correct number (XX) of protocols, types of service, and IP address groups, respectively.
- An out of Memory condition occurring during the database migration of Orion NTA installations that are monitoring large numbers of nodes has been corrected.
- Packet processing conditions have been reconfigured to improve performance.
- Launching Orion NTA from the Start menu now works correctly for Orion NTA installations on older versions of Orion Network Performance Monitor that use non-default ports for the Orion Web Console.
- IP Address Group Details views now display data that is consistent with corresponding Top XX IP Address Group resources.
- The NetFlow Receiver Service no longer restarts when a resolved hostname ends with a period (.).
The following files are modified when you install this service pack:
- \Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\TrafficAnalysis-WebSite.zip
- \Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlow.Diagnostics
- \Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowDatabaseScheme.dbConfig
- \Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\SolarWinds.ConfigurationWizard.Plugin.NetFlow.dll
- \Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\IP2Country.cfg
- \Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\NetflowService.exe
- \Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\NetflowService.exe.config
- \Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\NetflowConfig.dll
- \Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\NetflowDatabaseMaintenance.exe
- \Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\NetflowDatabaseMaintenance.exe.config
- \Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\NetflowReporting.dll
- \Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\NetflowWeb.dll
- \Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\SolarWinds.Netflow.DataBaseMaintenance.dll
- \Program Files\SolarWinds\Orion\NetFlowTrafficAnalysis\SolarWinds.Orion.NetFlow.dll
The following files are added when you install this service pack:
- No files are added with this Service Pack.
For more information, contact Technical Support at www.solarwinds.com/support.