This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Error with schedule: Report.X-Ref.Port MAC ARP

Using Kiwi CatTools version 3.3.17 when trying to run a X-Ref report Kiwi CatTools gives an error:

Main script error: Subscript out of range: '[number: 3]' on line: 383

Note that the Port, MAC and ARP reports all complete successfully when run on their own.

Can someone please shed some light on why this would happen and how to fix this?

Thanks

• Hi arlocontact,

I'm the lead developer for the Kiwi CatTools product, so I'd like to try replicate this issue in-house.

Could you please zip up and send me the 3 source files for the X-Ref report (Port, MAC and ARP reports) so I can test using your source data, as it could be something specific in one of the source files that is triggering this.

If you'd prefer not to post this data to the forum, then please raise a technical support ticket via the form on the Kiwi website at: http://www.kiwisyslog.com/support/

Once you received the automated email response, respond to it attaching the zip file.

I'll keep an eye out for your support ticket and see if I can beat the support guys to picking it up (...they're pretty darn fast though!)

Steve

• Hi Steve

Can you please tell me how to access those source files and Ill get them to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Arlo

• Arlo,

The Options tab for the X-ref activity will contain three textbox fields with labels beginning: 'Current...'  These fields contain the names & file paths of the 3 source files used for the X-ref.

Steve

• Hi Steve

I attach the source files requested.

Thanks,

Arlo

x-ref_source_files_18-03-2009.zip
  • Hi Arlo,

I've managed to recreate the same error here and it appears that the reason is due to a bad data row in the source ARP report.

About 50 rows up from the end of the file there is an incomplete row.  The error is occurring because CatTools is looking for data in the 3rd column, which it can't find.  If you delete this row, the X-ref report should work fine.

... am a bit puzzled though as to why the ARP report managed to get corrupt though.  Did the HTML report output for your Report.ARP table activity look OK?

Steve

• Hi Steve

The HTML report was fine. It had the missing information on line 1444 like you pointed out but was well formed.

In terms of getting a x-ref report to work deleting the incorrect line in the ARP report worked a treat, thank you.

How can I now troubleshoot the ARP report corruption?

-A

• Hi Arlo,

It may be difficult to tell when the ARP report corruption occurred if you are appending to the report rather than overwriting it each time (i.e. whether the 'Overwrite existing report file' option is ticked in the Activity tab of the activity setup form).

Now that he bad data has been removed from the report, I'd recommend keeping a check on the ARP HTML file after each activity run, to see if it corrupts again.  If it does, then send in the Infolog.txt file from the \CatTools install folder so it can be checked for errors.

Maybe best to raise a new Thwack thread for it too...

Regards,

Steve