This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Startup error after installing Netflow Analyzer

Hello everyone,

I decided some time ago that we needed more in-depth information about our traffic and ussage and stumbled across the Real-Time Netflow Analyzer from Solarwinds. As the page suggests that it can read out any cisco router with netflow enabled, this was just the thing I was looking for.

After downloading and installing the free version without any problems, I tried starting up the program, and this is where the problems start:

After the loading/splash-screen I get a default error message saying:

"The application encoutered a critical error and must close. Please restart the application."

Restarting the application gives the same result over and over again, and the process keeps running/hangs wich I then have to kill manually.

I have tried to install it on different windows XP SP3 machines with no effect, every time I get exactly the same error message, and it does not log any messages in the windows application log.

Anyone know what's going on, or have the same problem?