4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2009 2:24 PM by kweise

IPAM Website Error

I just ran through the subnet allocation wizard and created a class b supernet.  I told the wizard I wanted all the subnets in the class b to be /24 subnets.  I selected them all and clicked next.  The wizard took me to the next page indicating I would be adding a supernet of and to move newly added subnets into smallest appropriate Supernet.  It also indicated I had 256 selected subnets.  When I clicked the Done button, the site hung for a while and then returned the following error:

IPAM Website Error

An unexpected error occurred while generating your web page.  

Additional Information

Thread was being aborted. 

Helpful Hints

• The information in this page may provide valuable insight into the root cause
      • Clicking "Show", under Stack Trace, may lead to more useful troubleshooting information
      • Text and Event Logs may contain additional information, which can be best utilized by SolarWinds proffessionals

Error Type

Stack Trace

at System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOneNative(SafeWaitHandle waitHandle, UInt32 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean hasThreadAffinity, Boolean exitContext)
         at System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOne(Int64 timeout, Boolean exitContext)
         at System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOne(TimeSpan timeout, Boolean exitContext)
         at System.ServiceModel.TimeoutHelper.WaitOne(WaitHandle waitHandle, TimeSpan timeout, Boolean exitSync)
         at System.ServiceModel.Channels.InputQueue`1.WaitQueueReader.Wait(TimeSpan timeout, T& value)
         at System.ServiceModel.Channels.InputQueue`1.Dequeue(TimeSpan timeout, T& value)
         at System.ServiceModel.Security.SecuritySessionClientSettings`1.ClientSecurityDuplexSessionChannel.TryReceive(TimeSpan timeout, Message& message)
         at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DuplexChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
         at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
         at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs)
         at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
         at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)
         at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
         at SolarWinds.InformationService.Contract.IInformationService.Query(String query, QueryOptions queryOptions)
         at SolarWinds.InformationService.Contract.InfoServiceProxy.Query(String query, QueryOptions queryOptions)
         at SolarWinds.IPAM.IS.Client.IPAMInfoProxy.Query(String SwqlStatement)
         at SolarWinds.IPAM.IS.Client.IPAMEntityIPNode.Get(Int32 SubnetId, Int32 IPOrdinal, Boolean RetrieveCustomProperties)
         at SolarWinds.IPAM.IS.Client.IPAMEntityIPNode.Get(Int32 SubnetId, Int32 IPOrdinal)
         at SolarWinds.IPAM.Web.Common.PageSubnetCalculator.CreateSubnets(Int32 parentID, Boolean move)

It did create the supernet and all of the subnets and did kick off an initial scan.  Just thought I'd post the error.

• Re: IPAM Website Error

Yep, we have heard that from other users as well in other posts
          Adding a Class B 

Basically what is happening is IIS is timing out, rendering that error.  As you said, everything happens in the background, so we have a plan to address getting this error.

• Re: IPAM Website Error

One other thing that I noticed that might have been observed already (I'm getting a late start running through the module.)  When I ran through the subnet allocation wizard, it indicated I had 256 subnets selected.  However, it didn't create all of them.  The wizard created the supernet and started creating all of the /24s under it, but it looks like it stopped at  The through the did not get created. In the left hand pane at the bottom of the list of subnets under the 10.16/16 supernet, there is an error icon stating 150 items reached.  Does this have anything to do with all of the subnets not getting created?