4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2009 2:24 PM by kweise

IPAM Website Error

kweise

I just ran through the subnet allocation wizard and created a class b supernet.  I told the wizard I wanted all the subnets in the class b to be /24 subnets.  I selected them all and clicked next.  The wizard took me to the next page indicating I would be adding a supernet of 10.16.0.0/16 and to move newly added subnets into smallest appropriate Supernet.  It also indicated I had 256 selected subnets.  When I clicked the Done button, the site hung for a while and then returned the following error:

IPAM Website Error

An unexpected error occurred while generating your web page.  

Additional Information

Thread was being aborted. 

Helpful Hints

• The information in this page may provide valuable insight into the root cause
      • Clicking "Show", under Stack Trace, may lead to more useful troubleshooting information
      • Text and Event Logs may contain additional information, which can be best utilized by SolarWinds proffessionals

Error Type

System.Threading.ThreadAbortException 

Stack Trace

at System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOneNative(SafeWaitHandle waitHandle, UInt32 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean hasThreadAffinity, Boolean exitContext)
         at System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOne(Int64 timeout, Boolean exitContext)
         at System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOne(TimeSpan timeout, Boolean exitContext)
         at System.ServiceModel.TimeoutHelper.WaitOne(WaitHandle waitHandle, TimeSpan timeout, Boolean exitSync)
         at System.ServiceModel.Channels.InputQueue`1.WaitQueueReader.Wait(TimeSpan timeout, T& value)
         at System.ServiceModel.Channels.InputQueue`1.Dequeue(TimeSpan timeout, T& value)
         at System.ServiceModel.Security.SecuritySessionClientSettings`1.ClientSecurityDuplexSessionChannel.TryReceive(TimeSpan timeout, Message& message)
         at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DuplexChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
         at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
         at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs)
         at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
         at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)
         at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
         at SolarWinds.InformationService.Contract.IInformationService.Query(String query, QueryOptions queryOptions)
         at SolarWinds.InformationService.Contract.InfoServiceProxy.Query(String query, QueryOptions queryOptions)
         at SolarWinds.IPAM.IS.Client.IPAMInfoProxy.Query(String SwqlStatement)
         at SolarWinds.IPAM.IS.Client.IPAMEntityIPNode.Get(Int32 SubnetId, Int32 IPOrdinal, Boolean RetrieveCustomProperties)
         at SolarWinds.IPAM.IS.Client.IPAMEntityIPNode.Get(Int32 SubnetId, Int32 IPOrdinal)
         at SolarWinds.IPAM.Web.Common.PageSubnetCalculator.CreateSubnets(Int32 parentID, Boolean move)

It did create the supernet and all of the subnets and did kick off an initial scan.  Just thought I'd post the error.

• Re: IPAM Website Error
          bshopp

Yep, we have heard that from other users as well in other posts
          Adding a Class B 

Basically what is happening is IIS is timing out, rendering that error.  As you said, everything happens in the background, so we have a plan to address getting this error.

• Re: IPAM Website Error
              kweise

One other thing that I noticed that might have been observed already (I'm getting a late start running through the module.)  When I ran through the subnet allocation wizard, it indicated I had 256 subnets selected.  However, it didn't create all of them.  The wizard created the 10.16.0.0/16 supernet and started creating all of the /24s under it, but it looks like it stopped at 10.16.157.0/24.  The 10.16.158.0/24 through the 10.16.255.0/24 did not get created. In the left hand pane at the bottom of the list of subnets under the 10.16/16 supernet, there is an error icon stating 150 items reached.  Does this have anything to do with all of the subnets not getting created?

Thanks,
              Kevin