This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Netflow data stream isn't being picked up

Hiya

Hope someone can help me solve this one as it's driving me crazy!

I've got an HP Procurve 2610-48 switch which Netflow Traffic Analyser doesn't seem to want to receive data from.  Once I've configured the device to send the Netflow data, Orion reports that it's receiving a data stream from an unmanaged device with an IP which does indeed match the IP of the device.  However, once I add the device to Orion and tell Netflow Traffic Analyser to collect data from it, the stream appears to stop; the device is listed in italics and the 'last data received' date says 'never'.

The error saying that the data stream would be discarded sometimes says that I need to add interface  #1073741823 in order to process the data stream, but this interface doesn't exist.  I don't always get this though (I've been through the whole configuring - managing - giving up - configuring cycle about 10 times and have changed IP addresses several times as well).

I added several other switches of the same model at the same time and they're all fine so I need to work out what's different about this one.  Any suggestions?

Thanks

Marie

• Have you looked at a sniffer trace of the incomming data?  If not, you can use WireShark to do that.  It is a free tool located here: http://www.wireshark.org/

If you do see that Flows are coming to the port (default 2055), then you can save the file and attach it to this thread in Thwack and I'll take a look at it, just to verify that you have traffic that our collector can recognize.

Thanks,

David