This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

CATTOOLS : Some New Features

CATTOOLs is currently one of the best tools for inventory and configuration management. If there is a development team for the same, i would recommend to have following features built into it to make it a complete network management tool:

1. Maintain inventory upto interface level

2. Allows users to create graphical topologies from inventory list along with links

3. Reserve devices and topologies for better untilization in lab environment.

This is just the high level of what we expect to see. We can very well help Solarwinds in understanding the requirements further.

Please share the contact details of the concerned person/team who can take this forward and make CATTOOLS what its customers want from it. In case support is needed, we have requisite resources to even help solarwinds in developing CATTOOLS further.

Looking forward for next steps.

• Thanks for the feedback.   We'll definitely take these feature requests into consideration for future versions.   To ensure I capture these correctly, can you please elaborate with several use-cases for each of the features you listed?

• Appreciate you Chris for your promt reply. Well I would suggest if we can have a call to discuss these features. Let me know if that's ok. We have a couple of customers who are interested in the proposed features and once we have these features in you can sell the advanced CATTOOL's version for a premium price.

We are open for a call to help you understand the features any time. Also in case you are looking for help during development, we can help you there as well.

Just curious, By when can we expect the above features in CATTOOL's tentatively.

Be assured, we do not have our products and are a pure services company and would like to recommned your product to our customers.

Looking forward for a detailed call as per your convinience.

• Appreciate you Chris for your promt reply. Well I would suggest if we can have a call to discuss these features. Let me know if that's ok.

I'd be happy to have a call.  I'll send you a private message to set this up.  

We have a couple of customers who are interested in the proposed features and once we have these features in you can sell the advanced CATTOOL's version for a premium price.

I think it's important to note that we already have an "advanced CatTool" product in our family of products called Orion Network Configuration Manager (NCM).  You might want to download an NCM evaluation to see if it meets your customers' needs.

Just curious, By when can we expect the above features in CATTOOL's tentatively.

We can't commit to any dates for delivery of feature enhancements.