5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2011 5:16 PM by bshopp

Solarwinds Orion SIEM questions

cereal83

Hey all,

I was asked for a higher up regarding SIEM support in Orion and how functional it is. I have tried to find some information about SIEM and Orion without luck so I am assuming it does not support this feature. Any links or any information regarding SIEM support in Orion would be great.

Thanks

• Re: Solarwinds Orion SIEM questions
          cereal83

Bump, Anybody have any insight on this? Thanks

lchance

which SIEM product are you using? we use WEBSENSE but we do very little, or nearly nothing with its SIEM SNMP TRAPS to Orion.

and from what i understand it appears SNMP TRAPS are pretty much the only way to monitor SIEM with something like ORION.

WEBSENSE will do email notifications on various Client Policy and Web Filtering alerts.

is this what you are expecting, to use SNMP TRAPS? if so, then i would think Orion would work just fine.

cereal83

Hey and thanks for the reply. We also use websense for internet useage but I also believe some other products from Juniper. I am not too sure what else. A co-worker asked that I look into this and see if  Orion supported SIEM's. As for just using TRAP, yeah that could be the only thing we use it for but I don't see the traps for Orion being soo good like with Ciscoworks so I have not looked more into it. I will go ask them a few question and see what questions they need answers to. Thanks

RogerDufour

I'm wondering if NPM fills the bill for this type of functionality... Real Time Analysis and Event corellation and reporting from a stream of datafrom a Network collection appliance...

This topic is over 2 years old so a lot can happen...

Thanks,

Roger