8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2009 10:57 AM by Peter.Cooper

Infrastructure Component is Offline Error

JasonKV

After seeing this error I restarted the "Net. TCP Port Sharing" Service and refreshed the screen and page no longer showed this error.

Install ran with out any hick-ups and default options were choosen durring install. Host machine is a VM with fresh install of Orion 9.1 SP4 just like it was "out of box".

• Re: Infrastructure Component is Offline Error
          rgward

Got this error when deleting a subnet.  I have diagnostics. 

The IPAM Information Service is a required component for this website to function, and it is currently unavailable.

Helpful Hints

Your firewall may be preventing local connections to Port 17777

A required Windows Service may be disabled: "Net.TCP Port Sharing"

The "SolarWinds IPAM Information Service" Windows Service may not be started

Additional Information

Divide by zero error encountered. The statement has been terminated.

Error Type

System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[SolarWinds.InformationService.Contract.InfoServiceFaultContract, SolarWinds.InformationService.Contract, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]]

Stack Trace

Server stack trace: 
             at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
             at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
             at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs)
             at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
             at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
             at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
             at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
             at SolarWinds.InformationService.Contract.IInformationService.Invoke(String entity, String verb, XmlElement[] parameters)
             at SolarWinds.InformationService.Contract.InfoServiceProxy.Invoke(String entity, String verb, XmlElement[] parameters)
             at SolarWinds.IPAM.IS.Client.IPAMEntityGroupNode.Delete(IEnumerable`1 groupids)
             at SolarWinds.IPAM.Web.Common.PageSubnetDelete.DeleteGroups()

backInfrastructure Component is Offline Error

refreshInfrastructure Component is Offline Error

bshopp

Could you also email me the logs located at :

/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Solarwinds/InformationService

The logs are named IPAM-InformationService.log.  Can you send me all of them, even the ones with .1, .2 etc at the end of the file name.

Peter.Cooper

Hi guys.

Thanks for the logs and diagnostics. I have to say, that is some interesting stuff in the log files. It's thrown me and my fellow dev leads for a loop. I think it'll probably take two cracks at this one to get it figured out.

The first thing I need to do is remove some assumptions and set down a specific set of binaries. What I really want to see is a bunch of files get overwritten in "c:\program files\solarwinds\orion\ipam".

Would you please download and install the "buddy drop" located here (this particular build didn't go through the entire process we normally go through for a publicly published set of bits, but I think it will do you nicely).

ftp://ftp.solarwinds.net/IPAM/v1/Beta2/SolarWinds-Orion-IPAM-v1-bd1.zip

If there are any glitches in the install, I would like to do a gotomeeting with y'all. Send me a Private Message, and we'll setup the details.

If things go smoothly, the next thing that would be helpful is to give it a go. If we experience the same behavior, I'll work with you to retrieve the list of files in the folder I'm concerned about, and another round of logs (IPAM-InformationService.log*).

Thanks a bunch!