This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Node page showing max/min/average bps in/out for all interfaces on a single Node

Hello,

Normally I would try to figure this out for myself but I'm very short on time.  We need a page that we can select a node (switch in this case) and see the max/min/average bps in/out graph for all interfaces of the node on one page.  (Similar to the "Current Percent Utilization of Each Interface" resource on the node page.) 

We're seeing spikes on multiple interfaces all at the same time and we want to verify what we're seeing it on all the interfaces and we've used a simialr page like that before in MRTG to help. 

Anyone know how to do that easily?

• We ended up finding the problem but I'm still interested in finding a way to do this.  I think it can be very beneficial. 

I looked at creating a custom view to do this, but it doesn't look like that exact ability is built right in. 

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

• Well... I got a little impatient and since I didn't see a way to do it through the web interface I decided to take a look at the code...

Here's what I did.  I took the resource that does the Current Percent Utilization and the resource that does the charting and combined them together.  I added a little to code to check if the interface was up and viola! I got the resource that I needed!  I've done a little testing with it and so far it works pretty well!  I haven't tried to customize anything really and I have it locked in to a single chart type, but it seems to be working well.

When I've done some more testing, I'll share it on the Content Exchange Zone.

• is the testing periode over? and is this on the csz yet, if it is I can not find it.

I believe this would help us as well.

• When I've done some more testing, I'll share it on the Content Exchange Zone.

Please do, because I've been asking for this from SW for a long time and always been met with "you can do it using Custom HTML", but that answer doesn't fly when you have 75 interfaces on a router.

• I see this post is from more than one year ago.

I am running version 9.5.

Has there been a change since a year ago? can anyone suggest if showing an interface traffic graph within a node view is possible without HTML coding?

I am additionaly interested in something similar which is a view of two (different) nodes interface traffic graphs one next to the other for comparison purposes. Is that possible?

Thanks

Benny

• I'd like to know also if there is an easy way to view max rate or total traffic information for all interfaces on a node by looking at the Node page, instead of having to click on each interface of that Node to tell which one was the busiest today, instead of only being able to look at current interface utilization.  This was basic functionality in Vitalnet and I'm suprised more people have not asked for an interface summary view that is more than just current utilization.