3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2010 1:16 AM by Kash

monitoring IBM Datapower devices

Hi

I am trying to monitor datapower devices.. when I add the device using the proper read string.. I get the following message

Test Failed. There was no endpoint listening at net.tcp://<devicename>:17777/orion/npm/businesslayer that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details

Is there anybody who is monitoring datapower devices?  This looks like it is being generated by NPM, but I am not how to troubleshoot this.

• Re: monitoring IBM Datapower devices
          Yann

Hi,

There was no endpoint listening at net.tcp://<devicename>:17777/orion/npm/businesslayer that could accept the message

The Web Console tried to contact the Orion Module Engine on the tcp port 17777 but did not manage to establish the connection.

1) Ensure the Orion Module Engine service is started on the Orion server, If yes, Try to restart it and see if that helps.

2) If you are using an additional web server, ensure the TCP port 17777 is not blocked between the Main Orion and this Web Server.

3) If that does not help, the cause of the issue is probably in the log files. I would recommend to you to open a support ticket and attach the diagnostics.

HTH,

Yann

1 of 1 people found this helpful