20 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2009 9:24 AM by Fodome

License Upgrade

Term

I just received a email describing the license upgrade.  Thanks!  But, looking at the release notes, not much has changed over the last year.  What happened to integrated windows authentication, etc?

This turn of events makes me a little paranoid.  What is the long term outlook for ipmonitor?  I've noticed that Peter Cooper no longer posts on here as well.....

• Re: License Upgrade
          erharj

I received the same email.  I logged into my account, but only ipMonitor version 9.0.4 is available for me to download....And my maintenance is up to date.

chris.lapoint

Hi Term,

We are committed to continuing to enhance ipMonitor and its capabilities as a basic up/down monitoring solution.  Development on  highly requested enhancements is in progress and you should be seeing requests for beta participation in the near future.   In the meantime, we hope you'll take advantage of generous license upgrade.

As it relates to Peter Cooper and his awesomeness ;-), he's being assigned to several other new development projects, including a new module for Orion.  Matt Diotte, another original from the ipMonitor crew (who Peter mentored), is now leading the ipMonitor dev team so you can rest assured the product is still in very capable and knowledgeable hands.

Cheers,

-Chris

Term

Glad to hear the ball is still rolling.  I look forward to more improvements in the coming months!

borgan

Is it too early to reveal at least a few details about this new Orion module?

borgan

Ahhh, you are conspicuous in your silence my friend! :)

Peter.Cooper

Hi Guys!

My project isn't black-ops or spy work... it's just been receiving all of my business and personal time. I really enjoy working directly with the community and posting on thwack, but while I work on this one project I had to hand over the reins. There is no doubt that I will get to spend a lot more time than I have on thwack, and I look forward to it.

I think at this stage, Program Managers are inviting individuals to sign NDAs and stuff to participate so early in its lifecycle. Unfortunately, there isn't a secret handshake or knock to get you a set of bits. PMs let in individuals from our community at certain checkpoints. I know for fact another one is coming up soon (tm), so pester Chris LaPoint or Brandon Shopp to be part of the club.

webcontrol

Term the list of enhancements might be small but finaly Solarwinds managed it to get the Webinterface reasonable fast. Compared to 9.0.4 and earlier now the the Webinterface is fast as lightning!

simonpt

Thanks SolarWinds for the license upgrade.  Very generous.  Now I'll need to find more things to monitor(!)

Now I know why our recent maintenance renewal was cheaper than expected.  I didn't want to query it in case it was a mistake ;-)

The 9.0.5 download was available for me when I checked earlier.  I installed it and discovered that it does some funky undocumented stuff with parking/retrieving the license.  The installation went through okay (haven't noticed any performance improvements like webcontrol did) but now when I click 'About' it says we still have our old 1,000 monitor license.  Also the License Management portal says we have Registered License(s): 0 and Unregistered License(s): 1.

I've emailed Customer Services to get this resolved.  If I glean anything that may be of use to others, I'll post it back here.

Chris:  Thanks for your comments.  I'm looking forward to the beta invitation and any other initiatives that help keep us customers more in the loop with when we can expect enhancements and many long-awaited bug fixes to appear.  You know my thoughts on the subject and I'm very keen to participate in any programme that provides greater transparency on what the road ahead for IPM looks like.  I'm sure many other loyal IPM customers feel the same.

Don't forget to post a new sticky to the forum re. 9.0.5.  The old 9.0.2 one is still there.

Rgds, Simon

erharj

I have the same situation here...still shows the amount of monitors under "About" and our portal shows Registered 0, Unregistered 1.

chris.lapoint

The 9.0.5 download was available for me when I checked earlier.  I installed it and discovered that it does some funky undocumented stuff with parking/retrieving the license.  The installation went through okay (haven't noticed any performance improvements like webcontrol did) but now when I click 'About' it says we still have our old 1,000 monitor license.  Also the License Management portal says we have Registered License(s): 0 and Unregistered License(s): 1.

For any others experiencing this issue, please open a support ticket with customer service.  This will ensure you are updated when the issue is resolved.  

Dev is already investigating the issue and hopes to have a fix soon.

Thanks,

-Chris