This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Advanced Alert SNMP Trap Action

I have been trying to customize the forwardsyslog trap and have seen alot of posts surrounding customization of the traps. I have also contacted SW support and have been told that it is not supported as everyone else. I have a need to reduce the amount of infomation sent in a trap based on volume alerting, specifically OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.11307.5 ObjectName. I need to either remove it completely from the trap or move it to the end of the trap. I have tried to do both and the SNMP Trap action fails everytime. I have also tried to create a new trap with the trap editor and I get the same failure. It seems that somewhere in the Alerting Engine it is keyed to need the specific OID's in a specific order or it will not work. Any help would be appreciated.