8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2009 8:39 AM by Yann

availability report

We need to create an availability report as per following criteria,

site is unavailable if response time > 700ms or average packet loss > 1%

is it possible some to guide me on this ?

thnak you in advance

• Re: availability report
          Yann

Hi,

How often do you need to generate a such report? If once a day, do you need to see the values for each hour per example or only one averaged value for the day? How do classify a site in your Network based on your topology?

The report writer allows you to generate such information on a regular basis when coupled with the Orion Report Scheduler.

Start > All Programs > Solarwinds Orion > Alerting, Reporting and Mapping > Report Writer

Start > All Programs > Solarwinds Orion > Alerting, Reporting and Mapping > Orion Report Scheduler

If you are thinking about triggering an email when the response time goes above 700 ms and/or packet loss is over 1%, you should have a look at the advanced alerts.

Start > All Programs > Solarwinds Orion > Alerting, Reporting and Mapping > Advanced Alert Manager

Thanks,

Yann

Thank you for the quick reply.

As per the system site is unavailabe if the site is down. But we need assume site is down if the average response time is greater than 700ms or site packet loss is greater than 1% or average jitter is greater than 50ms. So we need to caclutate unavailable minute as per above criteria and calculate availability monhtly.

thank you again

Yann

Hi,

I am attaching a report I just made. It reports when a Node had a response time greater than 700ms or a packet loss greater than 1%. I do not know how to get the average jitter. It is not polled by default.

It shows one row for each minute when the statistics are still in the Details table and have not been sumarrized in the hourly or daily tables. Once stats are summarized you will get only one row for each hour or day. By default it returns the result of the previous month.

I am not a SQL guru so I am not sure how to make the sum of the results to return the unavailable minutes.

You will have to copy the report in the \Program Files\Solarwinds\Orion\Report folder to be able to view it from the web console.

I created the report using Report Writer. First used a "Historical - Reponse Time and Packet Loss" type then copied the SQL query to detail the results for each minute in an Advanced SQL report type.

Let me know if you need more details.

HTH,

Yann