2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2009 2:26 PM by neilmborilla

NPM System Manager: Drag and Drop

neilmborilla

I hope you can have drag and drop in place for system manager so we can easily move nodes or interface to sub-folders, though we can do this is web console and thru custom property editor, I think it is easier to drag and drop it, then automatically change it's corresponding property

• Re: NPM System Manager: Drag and Drop
          denny.lecompte

We're not going to make this change to System Manager.  Our direction is to move most functionality to the web.  We will not add anything new to System Manager.  In fact, as we add it to the web console, we will start to remove functionality from System Manager.  Why?  Well, System Manage was written a long time ago when the options in code with limited user interface options.   Contemporary web consoles offer far richer options, so that's where we are focusing our efforts.

• Re: NPM System Manager: Drag and Drop
              neilmborilla

I noticed that. Web console offer great option and advantages, nodes from different polling engine can be manage at web console unlike in the system manager where user should login on each of the polling engine. But the advantage for system manager is that, it is lot faster to manage nodes than on the web console.

Well, can you have drag-and-drop option on the web console then? (Sorry if I ask even the impossible sceenery =) hehehe )

I salute you!