3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2009 2:13 PM by ShamChauthani

What about reading manual SLAs?

ceclark

Some of us have a strict security policy and can't enable write permissions for SNMP. Any chance in the future we'll be able to query SLA's that were manually configured?

• Re: What about reading manual SLAs?
          ShamChauthani

If you want to use your preconfigured operations, you may want to look at the XML export/import feature of the tool. It is going to be a bit of heavy lifting to set it up but it should work.

Basically you can export the operation definition in XML and then add your operations to the XML list. You will need the Operation information, specifically the operation index and OperationName should match.

HTH

Hi,

can you explain a liitle more in detail how to do that?

I have IP SLA udp-jitter configured manually and I would like to monitor that IP SLA with Orion NPM. As I understand I do that with the help of IP SLA monitor and Universal Device Poller.

Thx,

Jelena

ShamChauthani

I guess there are 2 scenarios related to monitoring manually configured IP-SLA operations:

1. Monitor these operations with IP SLA tool.

2. Monitor these operations in Orion NPM.

As discussed earlier, in order to monitor these operations in IP SLA tool you would need to use the Export/Import XML functionality offered by the tool. Basic ideas is to generate the XML that describes the operation you have configured and then import it into the tool. This will allow you to monitor those operations using the free tool.

If you wanted to monitor the operations through Orion NPM then you would need to create the UnDP pollers for these operations. Specifically UnDP allows you to monitor OIDs that are provided by the MIBs that a device supports. For IP SLA operations you would need to find the appropriate values that you wish to monitor in the Cisco_RTT_MON Mib and append the operation index to the OID to get the appropriate results for the manually configured operations. Then using these UnDP statistics you can display the results in NPM.

HTH