This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Since uprading to 9.3 NPM causing unresponsive alarms

I upgraded from 8.5.1 to 9.3 last week and since then I have been receiving alarms that the "device is not responding to polls" from many routers in my primary monitoring system. I use Orion NPM mainly for performance stats but use another system for actual network surveillance. Now when NPM does a bulk stats poll to a router (let's say a Cisco 7206) it causes a yellow alarm in my other system momentarily. Prior to the upgrade everything was fine.

CPU history shows a spike each time this happens which is what is causing the device to become unresponsive to polls briefly. Can anyone provide any insight as to why this may be happening? Why NPM 9.3 would cause this versus 8.5? Perhaps it's the amount of data that is being collected or that it is requesting it in a different format?

Shane