2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2009 11:52 PM by SLXer

Native out of band support

SLXer

Just a thought. The basic idea would be to integrate the out of band dialing functionality into Orion. Currently this capability is being provided by a 30$ add on that well.. not only leaves a bit to be desired.. but it doesn’t even run as a service.

Aside from the expected out of band capability you could also build a contact page that would allow you to send pages or text messages from the portal.

Out of band dialing is critical in an enterprise where you cant afford a message to not go out because a mail gateway is down or a interuption in internet service.

• Re: Native out of band support
          rdeprez

I second the motion! I too am looking for this functionality.

SLXer - what is the $30 addon that you are yusing to accomplish this today?

• Re: Native out of band support
              SLXer

Solarwinds allows integration with a 3rd party product you can purchase here.

http://www.notepage.net

Once configured the product will integrate with Orion and allow you to send out of band pages. This functionality should be part of Orion. I wont go on a rant but I see this as something that has been sorely overlooked by Solarwinds.

Please keep in mind the following.. this 3rd party software is not a service.. it is an application that lives in a session.. If you log off.. oh im sorry nor more pagey.

*note: You can manually turn this application into a service.. but it can have unpredictable results.. I would say about 90% of the time it works ok. The main issue is once configured as a service sometimes you cannot access the gui to make changes.. its quirky. Hence the need for some personal attention from the folks at Solarwinds.