5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2009 4:38 PM by bshopp

Account Building

npiazza

I am customizing my user accounts more and I was wondering where would you see the menu 'Default Summary View'? The 'Home Page View' I see wobviously when you log in and when you hit the home button, but I can't seemto see where the Default Summary View comes into play.

Thanks,

Nick

• Re: Account Building
          bshopp

To make sure I understand you correctly, do you want them to have a customized Network Summary Home View then what we provide out of the box or do you want their initial page when a user logs in to point to a different view?

npiazza

I have changed their Home page so it only includes two items, All Nodes and last 25 Events. However when I am setting this user I see that two options below Home Page View is Default Summary View. What is this Default Summary View do and where is it located in all the pages?

bshopp

For the user's account just set the Home Page View to the view you created with the limited resources, don't worry about Default Summary View

freemen

bshopp,

I have always wondered what the difference is between the home page and the default summary view too. You did not exactly answer the question. Can you elaborate as little more? When, if ever, might the default summary view come into play?

bshopp

It was a great question, I had to go and double check myself.  Unfortuantly I do not have a great answer, I could not see where the Default Summary View comes into play and is linked from, I am still looking into