2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2009 9:29 AM by rtitus

    Problems after upgrading from 9.0 SP2 to 9.1 SP3 with CPU status and Maps

    rtitus

      I just upgraded from 9.0 SP2 to 9.1 SP3 and I have found a few problems. 

      1.)  I found that the CPU load is not showing the correct information on some devices.  It show one of my devices at 3% but the device is at 20%.  Before the upgrade it showed the correct information.  Also, some devices are correct.  I have not gone through all of the 800 + devices to see which ones are right and which ones are wrong.

      2.)  On the maps it looks like the containers icon are show the worst status within the container.  Example if the container (other map) has one device down it shows the container as red.  I am not talking about the child status that you can turn on or off that sits on the bottom right side of the icon.  However if the icon is device then it shows it like it should green with the child dot what ever the status of the worst child interface.  I do remember reading something about this problem but thought I had read that it was fixed.  On one of the posting it said to reinstall SP1 again but that was before SP2 and SP3.

      3.)  As I was looking around I also got the web following message if I go from a device web page to a custom view.  If I go to the same view from "HOME" or other view it works just fine.

        Orion Website Error

      An error has occurred with the Orion website.

      Additional Information

      System.Web.HttpException: The file '/Orion/NetPerfMon/SummaryView.aspx' does not exist.

         at System.Web.UI.Util.CheckVirtualFileExists(VirtualPath virtualPath)

         at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)

         at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile)

         at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert)

         at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert)

         at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath)

         at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.System.Web.IHttpHandlerFactory2.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath)

         at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)

         at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

         at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

       

      4.)  Last thing when look at  the traps summary when I set up to show it by Trap Type it show the trap type but it show it for each devices or IP address.  What I mean is that if you open the trap type it will be for just one device.  However you could have hundreds of the same trap type showing in the trap summary.  (This problem started a few months ago but I did not have time to look into it.

       

       

      So I need your help.  Thanks