3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2009 1:38 PM by DZelenak

Support for Siemens HiPath Wireless Controller?

We have a Siemens HiPath Wireless infrastructure. Does the Wireless Network Monitor work with this system?

• Re: Support for Siemens HiPath Wireless Controller?
          bshopp

It is best to just install evaluation and try it out

Spiky

have you tried this?

did it work?

We were monitoring basic availability via SNMP for the controller. Once we upgraded to 9.5 with the integrated wireless networking module, it started to detect all the access points and VNS interfaces. The software knew they were APs, however when it came down to getting the goods (i.e. connected users, available SSIDs, traffic statistics, etc..) it kept telling me that the AP was not found in the database, leading me to believe that our infrastructure is not fully supported.

It *COULD* be the fact that we are still on a Chantry/Siemens C100 wireless controller running 3.x software with AP2610/AP2620 units from about 3 years ago. I'll know for sure within the coming week or two as our new Siemens/Enterasys C4110 controller is being shipped to us, which should be running on software version 6.x and include a firmware upgrade for all of the APs.

The 9.5 upgrade with integrated wireless module also convienently used up every remaining license we had for our SL100. All good though, becuase it made a good selling point for an upgrade to an SL250 which we have since acquired.