This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Report Writer: Custom Bandwidth

I am trying to create a report that shows bandwidth utilization as it relates to the custom bandwidth set up for the interface. However, Interface Bandwidth does not show up as a field that I can choose from in Report Writer. Is there a way that I can add it? I'm not finding anything in the help files.

TIA for any input.

• If you will look in the Interfaces table in Database Manager, you will find your custom bandwidths listed in the InBandwidth and OutBandwidth fields. You will have to use an existing interface utilization report type, activate the Show SQL option in Report Writer and copy the SQL into a new Advanced SQL report. There you can modify the SQL query to include the Interfaces.InBandwidth and Interfaces.OutBandwidth variables. As for the utilization calculation, perhaps someone else in the forum can help with that?

• I don't need it to calculate because I am trying to have the report pull the max bps transmit and receive for a time period. I just wanted to also have the report show the Custom Bandwidth as we have it set up in the monitor (but is essentially theoretical as there is not currently a cap for these interfaces) for comparison purposes.

However I'm doing something wrong because when I choose to show the max transmit/receive bps fields I am getting a large number of returned values for each day rather than the 1 per day I'm looking for. Tips for this would also be appreciated.

I have some experience with report writers, but it is probably quite obvious that I am new to Orion and this particular report writer.

TIA again.

• On the Select Fields tab in Report Writer there is a function option next to the fields you select.  I think you need to select the MAX function in order to select a single maximum value for the day.

• Thank you!

I may have confused the issue with my first post. The field I need to put in the report is Interface Bandwidth which is not a custom field, but we have adjusted it to custom values for several interfaces. It's not really a custom field. I don't understand why it's not one that can be added to the report. It would really be helpful if it were!

• Using InBandwidth and OutBandwidth worked perfectly, thank you for your help!!