0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2009 1:06 AM by jasonyau

Configure advanced alert

Dear all,

Can we configure the advanced alert trigger depends on another advanced alert?

Just say for example, I have alert1, which is an alert that monitor on the average packets transmitted per second. Say the alert1 will trigger if the average packets transmitted per second is less than or equal to 5 pps and reset if the average packets transmitted per second is more than or equal to 8 pps. And this alert1 will give a msg (in whatever method like traps, syslog, events, etc) with "Warning" as its title.

Now the new alert, say alert2, will trigger if alert1 is active for more than 2 hours(just an example). Then this alert2 will give a msg (in whatever method like traps, syslog, events, etc) with "Trouble" or "Critical" as its title.

It is different with that I will have a titled "warning" alert when pps<5 while have a titled "trouble" or "critical" alert when pps < 2.

Will there a case like this, the value may not get worser, but if the time period is too long for that poor network performance at certain level, some devices may in "trouble" or even "critical" status?

Since when I testing the alerts, I suddenly think of this and I cannot make the alert depends on other alert. Is it possible to make the alert depends on the active time period of another alert?

But if this case will not happening definitely, then just let me know my thinking is incorrect, thanks.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
      Jason