This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

interface error and discards

there is a parameter on the NPM Settings-(interface errors and discards)....

- in how log was this parameter measured? ina an hr/day or whatever..where could i see details of this?

thanks

• Hi,

Interface Errors and Discards statistics are polled through SNMP on the IF-MIB of the remote device.

Those statistics are stored in the InterfaceErrors_Daily/Detail/Hourly tables. However it's more handy to review the charts In/Out Errors and Discards and modify the timeframe.

You can modify how often those statistics are gathered with the "Default Statistics Collection Interval for Interfaces" setting in the "Statistics" Tab of the "File > Network Peformance Monitor Settings" in "System Manager".

You can set it interface by interface as well. A right-Click on the interface and then change the "Collect Statistics Every" setting.

Hope that helps.

Yann

• so what are those figures

error level - 2500 will apprear on "high errors and discards" report

warning - 1000 will appear on "high errors and discards" report

are the figure an accumulated errors in 1 minute or 1 hr..its like if i have accumulated errors of 1000 in 1month, will the error gets triggered?

thanks

• If you drill down into an interface in Orion and view the In/Out Errors and Discards graph, by default this is set to a 30 min interval, you can edit the sampling interval by clicking edit resource header of that graph

• hello,

can we do this in groups or globaly?

thanks

• yes i saw that it is set to 30 min . so this means that

-if 1000 counts of error/discards has occured within 30 min, then it will generate an warning and if it goes up to 2500 it will generate an error.

is it right?

what is the ideal figures for this?

please advise

thanks

• I beleive that is accurate.  Ideal figures depends on your personal preference and how you want your Orion setup, maybe some community members can share some thoughts.

• How to display current In/Out packet discard/Error count in Alert message? Need urgent help on this.