1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 9, 2009 1:35 PM by ceclark

syslogs not reaching orion only over MPLS wan link

Catalyst 3560's in a remote office are set to point to the orion server at the local office.  The switch can ping the server with about a 50ms response time, across an MPLS link.

The problem is that even with the syslog configured thusly....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Syslog logging: enabled (0 messages dropped, 0 messages rate-limited, 0 flushes, 0 overruns, xml disabled, filtering disabled)
          Console logging: level critical, 0 messages logged, xml disabled,
                           filtering disabled
          Monitor logging: level informational, 5 messages logged, xml disabled,
                           filtering disabled
          Buffer logging: level informational, 127 messages logged, xml disabled,
                          filtering disabled
          Exception Logging: size (4096 bytes)
          Count and timestamp logging messages: disabled
          File logging: disabled
          Trap logging: level informational, 130 message lines logged
              Logging to 10.0.11.38, 130 message lines logged, xml disabled,
                     filtering disabled

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.... the logs never reach the orion server.  switches on the local lan do reach the orion server, and to make it more confusing, when I set this up months ago, I KNOW the syslogs were reaching the server, because I tested each device as I pointed it to our new Orion installation.

I checked a 2950 at another remote office (L2L), and it's messages DO reach the server.

Any thoughts?