This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Advanced alerts error

I'm having an issue creating a trigger in an advanced alert. The alert works fine but I need to narrow the scope to eliminate Linux boxes from the alerts. When I enter in a trigger to do this I get an error: "Please specify a complete Trigger Condition, Field not specified or invalid".

Here is my working alert Tigger currently:

Trigger Alert when all of the following apply
----Trigger Alert when any of the following apply
-------Node Name contains XXXX
-------Node Name contains YYYY
----Volume Size is greater than or equal to 53687091200
----Volume Space Available is less than 6442450944
----VolumeType is equal to Fixed Disk

Here is the addition I'm trying to add which generates the error:

----Machine Type is not equal to net-snmp - Linux

Everything is selected from the supplied options and all fields are filled in. I've tried creating it as a complex condition, adding a similar rule in Alert suppression instead, and instead adding a condition to check for Vendor = Windows or Vendor contains Windows, all with the same result. These are attributes I've found in the node properties of various machines to filter with. I'm guessing there is something invalid because everything is filled in.We're using Orion Version 8.5.1.

Any ideas why these won't work and how to filter out these Linux boxes would be appreciated. Thanks.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Sorry if you've already been down this road, but have you tried this:

----Machine Type is not net-snmp

• I figured it out. I was selecting "Type of Property to Monitor" from the top of the page and changing it to Node, then adding the new condition. If I keep it as Volume and then add the condition it works. So I guess once you start creating the trigger condition as one property to monitor, you need to keep it as that property. Whoops. Well it works now so I'm happy. Thanks for the help.