This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Is there a way to capture how many times a server reboots in a 7 day period?

I am looking into the Report Writer to see if there is a way to capture how many times a server reboots in the last 7 days.  I know there is a way to show the Last Boot Date for servers.  Now, we are trying to see if we can drill deeper to see how many times a server may have rebooted in the past 7 days.  Reason for this is that the report doesn't show how many times a server that has rebooted in the past 7 days has rebooted.  This way, we can see if we have a problem node. 

Here's the current SQL info:  I need to see how to get it to give a column on how many times a server has rebooted within the past 7 days.

SELECT  TOP 10000 CONVERT(DateTime,
LTRIM(MONTH(DateTime)) + '/01/' + LTRIM(YEAR(DateTime)),
101) AS SummaryMonth,
Nodes.Caption AS NodeName,
Nodes.IP_Address AS IP_Address,
Nodes.LastBoot AS Last_Boot,
DATEDIFF(day, Nodes.LastBoot, getdate()) AS Days_Since_Last_Boot,
Nodes.Vendor AS Vendor

FROM
Nodes INNER JOIN ResponseTime ON (Nodes.NodeID = ResponseTime.NodeID)

WHERE
( DateTime BETWEEN 39767 AND 39774.6666666667 )
 AND 
(
  (Nodes.Vendor = 'Microsoft') OR
  (Nodes.MachineType = 'Windows 2003 Domain Controller ') OR
  (Nodes.MachineType = 'Windows 2003 Server ')

)

GROUP BY CONVERT(DateTime, LTRIM(MONTH(DateTime)) + '/01/' + LTRIM(YEAR(DateTime)), 101),
Nodes.NodeID, Nodes.VendorIcon, Nodes.Caption, Nodes.IP_Address, Nodes.LastBoot, Nodes.Vendor

ORDER BY SummaryMonth ASC, 4 ASC