This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Issues with Real Time Bandwidth gauges

I did some minor searches for this issue, but I couldn't find any, so here goes:

Configuration:

Server being used to run NPM (Windows 2003 Server, latest patches) Latest NPM and I also installed APM, VoIP, NTA.  I also installed the Engineer's Toolkit here as well. 

Network PC:  (Vista 64bit latest patches) Engineer's toolkit.

We are in the midst of working on getting the NPM fully configured, but one feature that I thought would work once Engineering Toolkit was installed was the Real  Time Bandwidth gauges.  Everytime I click the icon it states that this feature is not installed and then directs me to download the install the toolkit from the Solarwinds site, then when I click Download it provides an error...see image below.

I did verify that all my ActiveX controls appear to be enabled, so I'm really not sure what I did to mess this up...any thoughts or direction is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

• Jason - If I understand you correctly, you are trying to run the bandwidth gauge on a 64bit machine?  Currently the Engineer's Toolset does not support 64bit OSes, but that will change with the next release.

HTH,

Greg

• Thanks for the prompt response.

Originally yes, I opened IE7, navigated to our NPM site, clicked a desired node, and clicked the real time bandwidth gauge icon next to an interface.  Received the error.

Then RDP'd to the server and opened IE7 and performed the same set and received the same response.

The server is running 32bit

• Jason, on the 32bit box, try running the Bandwidth Gauges from the Start menu once, if anything did not get registered, that will do it.  Then try launching from the browser (make sure ActiveX is allow in that zone, and you have rights to the Folder where toolset is installed).  Also, you might try turning UAC off.

If that does not work, please contact support so we can troubleshoot your installation.

HTH,

Greg

• I would like to have all my users to have Real time bandwidth gauges available from the Orion NPM weg-gui.  But if I understand what I'm seeing the Engineer's Toolset would have to be purchased and installed on each user's computer.  I've tried to get it to work by installing the Engineer's Toolset on the server but I can't get that to work either.

Are there any plans to incorporate the Realtime Bandwidth gauges directly into Orion?

• TechnoGeek,

It is not in our product roadmap to add the Toolset bandwidth gauges to Orion. You may want to ask this in the Orion forum to see if they have any plans for their gauges.

--HTH

Steve