This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Changing from SNMPv1/2 to SNMPv3 reverts back

We've been mandated to convert the majority of our equipment from SNMPv1/2 to SNMPv3 but this hasn't gone as easily as I might have hoped. When I'm in system manager I change the Node to SNMPv3 and select the credentials to be used and verify SNMP. I hit apply and then close system manager. When I reopen system manager all the nodes I've done this to have changed back to SNMPv1/2. I've managed to reproduce this issue multiple times now. So much so that I can't get any of my nodes changed permanently to SNMPv3. Is this a bug or a feature?

I'm running Orion SL2000 9.1 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 SP2 x86... The database is running on Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 x64, MSSQL Server 2005 Standard Edition

Other goodies include NTA, APM, and VoIP Monitor, all at the most current version and latest service packs as of this posting.