This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Manage/Add Node issue

I have the Orion NPM v9 and NTA v3.0 with SP1. On two of my servers, I cannot add nodes through the NTA feature. I have added all of my nodes to the NPM service, and they are being monitored. However, I cannot expand the device list simply by clicking the + beside it. My third server works just fine. What did I miss???

Thanks.

• Hi jaylll,

There is not enough information here to isolate the issue. Nodes are not added through NTA, they are added in NPM then if they are exporting a flow (NetFlow, jflow S-flow) that flow source can be added to NTA.

Are you trying to add flows to NTA or are you trying to add servers to NPM?

Andy

• I went through the NPM and added all of my interfaces. On the NTA webpage, I went into netflow sources and clicked on Cisco, so I do have all of the devices showing, and collecting statistics. However, it seems that I am missing some functionality. For instance, I cannot drom down the reports when I click the + next to them. On the events menu, I cannot select all to clear events; I had to check them each individually. On the NTA webpage, I click on Admin, then Add a Node. I can enter the information, and it validates my RO and RW SNMP strings. I click next, and wait for it to discover the interfaces. It won't discover the interfaces.

• Are you using the Real-Time NetFlow tool or the Orion NTA module?

• I am using the NTA module.