This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NetFlow RealTime not capturing packets

We have purchaseed the Engineers ToolSet and I am setting up NetFlow RealTime.   I have added the devices but cannot get RealTUnable to listen on configured port 2055.   Only on usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is
normally permitted.  Make sure no other application is using the port.

Am receiving 2 error messages:

"Unable to listen on configured port 2055.   Only on usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is
normally permitted.  Make sure no other application is using the port.

Netflow is not detected on the selected interface
Please select another or configure the interface to send Netflow data to the host NEtFlow Realtime is running on"

I have installed the ToolSet on the Server where Orion is running and where out NetFlow data is coming.  Also using default port of 2055.  Can both Orion and RealTime use port 2055?   Is this why it is not working?

Thanks,

Mark

• Hi Mark,

Your Orion NTA is taking port 2055 so Real-Time NetFlow Aanlyzer (RTNFA) can't use it also. There are 2 solutions.

1 - configure your exporters for NTNFA for another port 2056 for example and launch RTNFA on port 2056

2. Point your exoprter to a different machine that does not have NTA on it and use RTNFA there.

Note that your exporters are probably limited to 2 exports at a time so be careful you don't over-write the ones directed to NTA. If you do, NTA will stop showing data as it would no longer and a flow stream pointed at it.

• Thanks mcbridea!   I sent the NetFlow packets to the same system

but used port 2056 instead of 2055.  Just had to go back in and

edit the configuration of our routers and add another line with

port 2056.   Will this cause any issues with additional overhead

on the router interfaces or have you heard if this causes issues?

Thanks again!

Mark

• If you only have 2 exports going you should be ok but I'd check the router CPU to make sure.

Andy

• Ok.  Thanks again!