8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2013 4:29 PM by kwameb87

error disabled interface report

jeff.stewart

Has anyone written a report that shows you interface that are in a error disabled state?

• Re: error disabled interface report
          lchance

I don't have anything in my database right now that is in a ERROR/DISABLED state, but would this report help you?

Here's that SQL code of the Interface Report from Orion Report Writer:

SELECT
          Nodes.Caption AS NodeName, Interfaces.Caption AS Interface_Caption, Interfaces.Status AS Status, Interfaces.Severity AS Severity
           FROM
          Nodes INNER JOIN Interfaces ON (Nodes.NodeID = Interfaces.NodeID)
           WHERE 
          (
            NOT (Interfaces.Severity = 0)
          )

I'm using "Severity" in this case because... 

Definition of the SEVERITY variable:

${Severity}
          A network health score providing 1 point for an interface in a warning state, 1000 points for a down interface, and 1 million points for a down node

hope this helps.

jeff.stewart

I decided to use SNMP Traps to let me know when an interface became error disabled.  I still wouldn't mind having a report to run.

jawells

Hi

I used syslog and created a widget to show the erro disabled events for the NOC for the last hour.

SELECT Hostname, SUBSTRING(Message, CHARINDEX('putting ', Message) + 7, len(Message)) AS Expr1, count(messagetype) as Count
              FROM Syslog
              WHERE DateTime >= dateadd(hour,-1,getdate())and DateTime <= getdate()
              and messagetype = 'PM-4-ERR_DISABLE'
              group by hostname, messagetype, message order by count(messagetype) desc

Kind Regards

James

kwameb87

This is an excellent solution...works just fine.

Added a few modifications in an attempt to show the date the messages were received for the past year. (Results will depend on data retention settings for Syslog)

SELECT DateTime AS DateTime, Hostname, SUBSTRING(Message, CHARINDEX('putting ', Message) + 7, len(Message)) AS Expr1, count(messagetype) as Count

FROM Syslog

WHERE DateTime >= dateadd(year,-1,getdate())and DateTime <= getdate()

and messagetype = 'PM-4-ERR_DISABLE'

group by datetime, hostname, messagetype, message order by count(messagetype) desc

JWERLEIN

I did write a report;

This is a report writter report, and is scheduled to runs each night (automagically) and the server team uses it to find and fix potential issues.

Here is the SQL that I used to find interfaces that were not happy for Windows boxes..

Select
                  n.NodeID
                  ,n.Caption
                  ,n.IP_Address
                  ,n.Cls
                  ,n.ServerLocation

from netperfmon_10b.dbo.Nodes n

where (StatusDescription like '%one or more interfaces are in%') and (Vendor = 'windows')
                  and (serverlocation <> ' ' ) and  (Caption Not Like '%complelent%') and (n.unmanaged = 0)
                  order by Caption