2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2009 11:24 AM by netwiz2007

NPM 9.1 Pass-through authentication problem

Hello all

I'm trying to enable active directory passtrough authentication in NPM 9.1, and it does not work.

- I've configured IIS as described in the Admin Guide - anonymous access unchecked,integrated windows authenthication checked

- I've runned config wizard through website reconfiguration

- I've added account domain\username  to Orion

When i'm trying to connect to orion webpage from the workstation on which username is logged on to the domain, i'm getting graphical orion webpage header and the following exception in the main part of the www page:

Orion Website Error

An error has occurred with the Orion website.

Additional Information

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The target principal name is incorrect
      at System.Net.NTAuthentication.GetOutgoingBlob(Byte[] incomingBlob, Boolean throwOnError, SecurityStatus& statusCode)
      at System.Net.NTAuthentication.GetOutgoingBlob(String incomingBlob)
      at System.Net.NegotiateClient.DoAuthenticate(String challenge, WebRequest webRequest, ICredentials credentials, Boolean preAuthenticate)
      at System.Net.NegotiateClient.Authenticate(String challenge, WebRequest webRequest, ICredentials credentials)
      at System.Net.AuthenticationManager.Authenticate(String challenge, WebRequest request, ICredentials credentials)
      at System.Net.AuthenticationState.AttemptAuthenticate(HttpWebRequest httpWebRequest, ICredentials authInfo)
      at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckResubmitForAuth()
      at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckResubmit(Exception& e)
      --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
      at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
      at ClassicSiteProxy.Login(HttpContext context, String username, String password)
      at Login.DoLoginAction(String username, String password)
      at Login.InitiateLogin()
      at Login.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
      at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive( at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

URL in the address bar of the browser is changed to:

http://<server_name>/Orion/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2forion%2fproxy.aspx%3fpath%3d%2f&path=/

What can be the reason for such behavior of Orion ?

thanks

WM