This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Orion Website Error

Hello

when i use the (Traffic view builder) to create a filter and after i entered all the option that required to get the information for the interface of the device i get this error

An error has occurred with the Orion website

with allot information under it.

I tried with the many devices and many interfaces but i got same error.

the devices that am trying to collect information about them are cisco switches ,and in the NetFlow sources i see front each interface of my devices the amount of the traffic In and Out. the netflow am using is trial and have 24days to finish, and the solarwinds is not triall license for 100 nods.am loging on the user mode but the admin mode give me the same error.

where is the  poblem ? 

• Hello, 

Could you post the full error you are getting in the webconsole so that we can help you on this issue. "An error has occured with the Orion website" is too generic to tell you where might be the problem.

Thanks

Yann 

• Hello

this what i got

Orion Website Error

An error has occurred with the Orion website.

Additional Information

System.InvalidOperationException: No information found for NodeID 14.
    at SolarWinds.Netflow.Reporting.DAL.NetFlowDetailStateDAL.Update(Int64 nodeID)
    at SolarWinds.Netflow.Reporting.DAL.NetFlowDetailStateDAL.GetLastIntervalProcessed(Int64 nodeID)
    at SolarWinds.Netflow.Reporting.TimePeriodSettingsHelper.FormatQueryForRetentionExtended(String format, FilterCollection filters)
    at SolarWinds.Netflow.Reporting.ReportingDAL.ProtocolsDAL.BuildTopProtocolsQuery(Int32 count, FilterCollection filters)
    at SolarWinds.Netflow.Reporting.ReportingDAL.ProtocolsDAL.BuildAsyncBatch(Int32 count, FilterCollection filters)
    at SolarWinds.Netflow.Reporting.ReportingDAL.ProtocolsDAL.BuildBatch(FilterCollection filters, Int32 count, Boolean tx, Boolean rx)
    at SolarWinds.Netflow.Reporting.ReportingDAL.ReportingDALBase.BeginGetReport(FilterCollection filters, Int32 count, Boolean tx, Boolean rx, Boolean includeAreaChartData)
    at SolarWinds.Netflow.Web.NetflowObject.BeginGetProtocolsReport(Int32 rowCount, Boolean includeAreaChartData)
    at SolarWinds.Netflow.Web.UI.TopProtocolsResource.BeginGetData()
    at SolarWinds.Netflow.Web.UI.TopXXBase.DataBind()
    at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren()
    at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind()
    at Orion_Netflow_InterfaceDetails.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
  • Hi! I am having the same issue...NTA got the bandwidth for a specific interface but it can't get the data for top 5 endpoints, conversations and application. Also there is an orion website error, same with what ranj had experienced.

I am using NTA eval.

Is there any workaround for this problem?

Thank you!

• Hi,

which version of NTA do you use? In latest version we don't have this part of code, and we removed this behavior at all.

Thanks

ET

• Hi,

The issue is already resolved. I found out that the equipment is not sending netflow data. reconfigured it and NTA is now running as expected.

Thanks !