This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

ERROR: Transfer failure due to connection interrupt during execute script

I am getting  ERROR: Transfer failure due to connection interrupt during execute script  in NCM v5.0 when trying to run scheduled scripts that execute actions.

Any idea why this is happening?  It never happened in Cirrus v4.0.

•  Do you have macros (variables) in your scheduled execute script jobs?   If so, there is a known issue and there is a hotfix available.  Please open a support ticket and reference internal tracking #2673.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

What does your script look like?  I just had errors on a new script I created becuase I had an extra exit / logout command that was logging cirrus out of the router within the script itself.  Cirrus thought it was losing connectivity to the router.

I took that logout command off, and just ended my script with a write mem, and all is well now.

• The problem turned out to be the EXIT in my scripts.  I removed the exit as the last line and it fixed my problem.

• I have the same error, except I dont have anything in my script to do that.  The script worked fine until about 4 days ago (June 16th). Here's my script:

wr
    !
    clear count
    y

Yep, that's it.  Anyone able to decipher why all of a sudden its doing this.  The only change I made recently was on the "prompt timeout" setting.  I increased it form 30 secs to 60 for ANOTHER issue Cirrus is having.    I dont know about anyone else, but I have had really poor luck with this newer version of NPM and NCM.  Seems like a new issue pops up every week or so.  It seems like they are neverending.

• Gratz Solarwinds, this issue seems to be timeout related after a patch update.

The two 'Telnet/SSH' timeouts under settings had to be bumped up to fix these timeout issues:
    Connection Timeout: from 60 sec to 75 sec
    Prompt Timeout: from 30 sec to 45 sec

This issue came about after I installed the latest patch for NCM 5, which caused one other timeout issue.  The fix for that caused this threads issue.  So after playing around with both timeouts I got both issues to resolve.  Funny, the highest amount of latency naturally occurring in my network is an international path that averages around 225-250ms, but nothing major. 

I am running NCM 5.1.1 on a WIN2K3 server and a SQL Std 2005 DB collection.
    Hope this helps some of you with the same issue.

• Yep, took exit out of my script fixed my issue as well.

• Just found this. Good work, your fix worked great for me.

You should mark this question as answered.

• Fixed my issue too!  Thanks