This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Functionality Query: Reports:: Hyperlinks

Hi,

We have a custom report which is displayed on our main summary page which lists the temperature from the various sensors in our data centers.

While it brings up the name of the sensor you are unable to drill down into the sensor itself from the report. Is this possible to do?

Kind Regards

Miron

• Miron,

Open your report in Report Writer.
    From the Design window, select "Field Formatting".
    Select the field in question, and you should see a place for the "Web URL".

Here, you will need to plug in the URL to the page in question, and use the correct variable for the target element. For instance, below is a URL from one of our interface reports that takes you to the interface details view for the target interface.
    /NetPerfMon/View.asp?View=InterfaceDetails&NetObject=I:${InterfaceID}

Hope this helps.

• Mate,

Thanks that solved my issue( well lead me to find the problem) the Web Url was populated with the correct info as you stated above however, the filter was incorrectly set up not to include the Node ID which is what the Web Url would need.

Thanks Again

Miron

• Oh yeah... Guess I forgot to mention that little detail. :)

You always want to include the variables you have in the URL as variables in the report as well. If you don't want them to be visible, you can always hide them from being displayed in the report itself.

•  Vic,

I spoke a bit soon about it all being fixed, now it does make the node an hyperlink however it fails because it is trying to put the hostname of the server into the url this is not registered in DNS as it is behind a loadbalancer. Is there a way to have the web url reference the front end server where the clients should be pointing.

Even if you put in the Web Url: http://orion.xxx/xxx it just the url servername/.../xxx

This seems like an odd behaviour.

Regards

Miron

• Uh, oh... That's not good. :(
    Didn't see that one coming and I'm out of ideas at the moment...

We aren't load-balancing, so this never even crossed my mind. I'm sure there are those out there who are, so does anyone have a workaround? I agree that this definitely shouldn't be the default behavior. :/

• Miron,

Try using the SolarWinds Database Manager to edit the "Websites" table in the Orion database (Netperfmon by default). Change the entry in the "ServerName" column from the server name to the FQDN that points to the load balanced address.

•  Sam,

Will this adversely affect anything else.

Regards

Miron

• I have not seen it adversely affect anything else for me. Perhaps the SW staff can confirm this for you.
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to SamuelB

It's not something we've tested, so I can't promise anything, but there are no obvious warning flags.

•  Denny,

I made the change last week and have not had any problems that we can see at the moment.

Regards

Miron