This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

UDnP Groups? Can we add/delete them from the GUI?

Just wondering, by default there are 3 UDnP groups (or at least they were on mine).  Cisco, Default and Example.  Actually I think I might have made "Cisco" before they came out with the new Universal Device Poller.   But, either way, there is no way to add more through any GUI or tool I can find.  However, if you go into the SQL Database and edit the "GroupName" in the dbo.CustomPollers, you can create more groups quite easily and they seem to work throughout the server tool and the website "add nodes" and such.   Would be nice if in the UDnP GUI you could edit/add them.  Maybe I'm missing it?

Another thing on my wishlist.  I have a view that I set up called "UPS Devices" which shows my custom pollers for UPS's.  In "Device views by type" I set it up so that anything with the type "American Power Conversion Corp." gets that as its default Node View.   It would be nice based on that, if I could assign the custom pollers to all those devices based on the view that shows those custom pollers...

• Would be nice if in the UDnP GUI you could edit/add them.

Open the UnDP utility, Right-Click on a UnDP (Which you want to move from e.g. the default group to a new group such as Custom.) and select Edit.

Rename the group at the bottom and click on Finish. The new group will appear instantly.

Not sure about your second question...

•  Ahh... When I saw that dropdown I didn't think I could edit it...  Even read the documentation and didn't see anything...   Doesn't seem to flow with your UI in general, I would think where it shows "All Defined Pollers" in their groups that you should be able to right click on it and do a "new".  

However, thinking about how you have the Database structure that makes sense a bit.   The UnDP grouping is part of the table that holds the poller rather than being a seperate index table that just lists the UnDP groups.   The way I was thinking you would need a seperate table so that you could have a group with no members.   The way you have it done, every group has to have a member in it to exist...

• This was driving me crazy, I couldn't find the add group button lol. It really is as simple as you state. Thank you for posting this.

• Craig you are correct. You can add group by editing and typing directly into group dropdown. And the group is deleted when you remove last UnDP from it.

Roman