6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2008 6:30 PM by Andy McBride

FlowCorrelation

justinh

I was looking at disk space today and noted that my FlowCorrelation table is 23GB - over half of my total database size.  Is this normal?  Can the table be truncated or shrunk in some way?  Is there a setting that controls how much data is kept in this table?

• Re: FlowCorrelation
          justinh

Anything?  I had to change my timeout to 5 minutes to get a row count on the table (140 million, btw).

justinh

So now netflow is constantly crashing and restarting with the following:

Event Type:    Error
            Event Source:    NetFlowService
            Event Category:    None
            Event ID:    0
            Date:        12/1/2008
            Time:        1:32:43 PM
            User:        N/A
            Description:
            Exception: error occurred during packet processing. Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.FlowCorrelation'.'IX_FlowCorrelation' in database 'NetPerfMon' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.

This brings up my question again.  Can I truncate this table safely?

mark wiggans

What version are you using? the steps are here Re: netflow v3 stops resolving dns names

pakkm_007

We are also getting a very similar error in the Event Log on the server. Need to know the best way to resolve this without losing data. I don't think the NetFlowService is crashing but it's adding one of these errors in the event log at a rate of between 20-30 per hour...

Event Type: Error
                  Event Source: NetFlowService
                  Event Category: None
                  Event ID: 0
                  Date:  12/4/2008
                  Time:  3:55:57 PM
                  User:  N/A
                  Description:
                  Exception: error occurred during packet processing. Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.FlowCorrelation' with unique index 'IX_FlowCorrelation'.
                  The statement has been terminated.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

We are running Netflow v3 sp4, Orion NPM 9.0sp2, I know I still gotta update to 9.1 sp1 but would like to fix this first...

Anyone have ideas?

Thanks