1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 21, 2008 5:56 PM by qle

UPS monitoring views

stuthekiwi

We've got Orion 9.1 and are trying to setup a decent monitoring system for HP and APC UPS's. I've had a play with custom pollers and alerting which are working, but the resulting views are very clunky. Has anyone come up with something, ideally with a view which has a list of UPS's, if they go onto battery they turn red and alert etc. Also shows in a nice format runtime, on-battery, last tested date, input and output voltage etc? I'm starting to feel like I'm reinventing the wheel.

Any help, code or direction greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Re: UPS monitoring views
          qle
          Assuming you have created UnDP for each of these information, it should show up on the Node Details view under the "Universal Device Poller Status" resource. Simply create a new view with a "Custom HTML or Text" resource and you could combine all of the various poller status into that single view. As for displaying a graphic that represents the status of the UPS, you can certainly fiddle around with using a gauge but I'm uncertain as to how well that would work out and whether it would meet your needs.