7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2011 2:18 AM by ctopaloglu

Monitoring Pool Members F5

Hi 

I was wondering if anyone knows, how to monitor the status on a individual pool member through Solarwinds?

I have a OID of 1.3.6.1.4.1.3375.2.2.5.6.2.1.5, which shows the status of all pool members, of all the pools.

What i would like to get is a status update on a individual pool, and show which pool member is down.

Currently i get a report, UP,UP,UP,UP,UP,UP,UP,UP, but doesn't show which pool it is, until i get to the LTM

Cheers in advance for any help

Marc

• Re: Monitoring Pool Members F5
          brian_duvall

I too have setup F5 pool member monitoring and currently display that table in a UnDP tabular chart on the F5 node details page.  Unfortunately there isn't a way to alarm on an individual "row" if you will of an snmp get table.  So if one member of a pool is down, the alarm I generate simply says "A member of an F5 pool is down, go to the node details page to verify which one."  I have already requested and I believe a test track has been created for getting this functionality in a later release.

If you want the OID's for pool name, etc to put into a table on node details here you go:

Pool Name: 1.3.6.1.4.1.3375.2.2.5.6.2.1.1
          Pool Member Address: 1.3.6.1.4.1.3375.2.2.5.6.2.1.3
          Pool Member Port: 1.3.6.1.4.1.3375.2.2.5.6.2.4

These are the ones I use in addition to your status OID to create a tabular chart that my NOC employees can view to get a quick look at which pool member is down.

Hope this helps.