6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2008 11:26 AM by qle

9.1 SP1 upgrade - comments/questions

Craig Norborg

I just upgraded from 9.0SP2 to 9.1SP1, first comment would be that I couldn't find the 9.1SP1 without going through Tech Support.  Turns out to download 9.1SP1 that you actually go into your portal pages and download the 9.0 release.  Apparently because its the latest release of the 9.0 train.  Would be nice to have it documented somewhere, or maybe have it tell you the actual release version.   Another thing that made it difficult was the new interface to the customer portal.   Its doesn't seem to behave that well yet and there are some quirks..   For instance, I have it saving my password to the customer portal, which as a result, when I go to log in the save button is greyed out.   I finally figured out its because its waiting for me to type something into the password box.   It has no idea that its already been autofilled.  Solution - put in a space and then delete it and your autofill will work again...

Had a very difficult time doing the upgrade, not sure why.   First time it died on installing the alert manger, next few times it died trying to get the NetPerfMon service installed, it was taking too long to stop it and then restart it.  It also had a problem with the "restart" settings on the service, had to turn those off and rerun install.   Only problem was it kept resetting it, so I had to keep turning it off...

Now that it is installed and working, we're getting intermittent reports of errors while loading Node Details on different Nodes.  At first it seemed to be one or two nodes and was repeatable between people, but now its looking more random.  Trying to figure out the specifics.  Have a ticket open still...   Anyone else getting errors when people are clicking on Node Details?

Last problem that I just noticed is the AJAX "All Nodes Tree" and the grouping.   I didn't mind it that much when it started having you click for more than 100 nodes after expanding the AJAX tree, but now I noticed its limiting the top level display to 100 nodes.    This is a bad thing, our top level is showing all the sites and whether they're having problems or not.  Having some of the sites hidden under a "Get next 100 groups" prompt is not good, we need those displayed all the time with their nice little green or red icon, having them hidden like this is potentially hiding nodes from our NOC.  Any way we can force the old behavior of showing all "Groups"?   

• Re: 9.1 SP1 upgrade - comments/questions
          denny.lecompte
              Last problem that I just noticed is the AJAX "All Nodes Tree" and the grouping.   I didn't mind it that much when it started having you click for more than 100 nodes after expanding the AJAX tree, but now I noticed its limiting the top level display to 100 nodes.    This is a bad thing, our top level is showing all the sites and whether they're having problems or not.  Having some of the sites hidden under a "Get next 100 groups" prompt is not good, we need those displayed all the time with their nice little green or red icon, having them hidden like this is potentially hiding nodes from our NOC.  Any way we can force the old behavior of showing all "Groups"?   

Grats!  You've found a bug. We've entered it in our DB, so we'll look at when we can get it fixed.

Craig Norborg

I did just notice another thing I hadn't noticed before.   In the 9.0 upgrade you changed around the Admin menu a bit to make it more useful/pleasing.   However, you were still able to get to the old menu by clicking on some of the options.   Now you can't and I did  notice that at least one thing I would use on occassion is missing.   "Clear Web Cache".   Just an oversight or should we no longer be using it?

tdanner

It's still there - it has just turned into a button in the upper right corner of the useful/pleasing page. You shouldn't need to use it very often though - the cache is supposed to be self-maintaining.

Craig Norborg

Ah, you shouldn't hide things that way...  8-)

Found another odd "issue" today.   When I go into "Node Management", I see my Node Groupings whatever they might be on the LHS.  On the RHS are the nodes.  No matter what grouping type or whatever, there are 3 node entries on the RHS for each node.   Even if I group things in such a way that there is a grouping with only (1) node in it, if I click on that on the LHS on the RHS it brings up 3 of the same node.

It works just fine, just a rather odd problem I though.  Is this a "just me" problem, or is anyone else seeing in triples?   I'd love to say it was due to me drinking too much last night, but I didn't notice it first, nor did I drink last night...  

justinh

I have a "Clear Web Cache" button in the upper right hand corner of my (new-and-improved) Admin screen.