This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Creating an alert from match in Trap Details....

Is it possible to create an alert based upon a match in the Trap Details? If so I can't find out how and NEED to....

Also, I can't seem to find in the database where Trap Detail is stored. It isn't in any of the tables starting with Trap....

• There was a similar question posted here:

You can create an AND condition and key off of both your specific Trap OID and the value of the OID within the Trap Details.

Please let me know if there is any further clarification I can give.

Thanks

• I have a similar issue with traps and not sure if this was answered already.  Lets say I have a trap come in and I want to pull out one of the sections of the trap message and log it to a file.  When define the condition as the main trap OID, then add an action to Log to a file.....it doesnt appear I can figure out what variable I can insert to define which part of the trap message I want.  The only one that appears to pull the trap info is the default $Message but that logs a lot of lines of info I do not need.

For instance F5 sends traps when a pool member goes down etc...if I log $Message I get every line including sysuptime, and a bunch of other values that are sent via the trap.  I only want the one line that describes what member is down.  Are there any variables available or macro sql calls that would be able to pull this info out?

Hopefully I explained what I am asking for well. :-)