This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Problem with report generation -- results keep changing

Hi there,

I have a number of reports that use custom SQL to pull the value of some UnDP pollers. I've noticed a problem recently, where the results from the reports will vary widely -- from returning nothing, to returning only a handful of devices. It seems that I have to wait a few minutes for the report result to change, but it's anyone's guess what the report will generate.  I've tried executing the result through SQL query analyzer and I see the same variation. Anybody have any idea's what could be wrong? With the timing being a few minutes, I'm guessing it's somehow related to my polling intervals, but I"m not sure what I need to do to resolve.  Here are the details:

Node Polling interval = 180 seconds

Interface polling interval =  120 seconds

Volume polling interval = 300 seconds.

I'm currently polling 190 nodes, 430 interfaces,  and 63 volumes.

Here is the SQL query I'm using in the custom SQL report:

SELECT  Nodes.Caption AS NodeName,

--Nodes.Vendor AS Vendor,
Nodes.VendorIcon AS Vendor_Icon,
Nodes.IP_Address AS IP_Address,
Nodes.Location AS Location,

CustomNodePollers_CustomPollers.UniqueName AS Poller_Name,

CustomNodePollerStatistics_CustomPollerStatistics.Status AS Status,

CustomNodePollerStatistics_CustomPollerStatistics.DateTime

FROM

((Nodes INNER JOIN CustomPollerAssignment CustomNodePollerAssignment_CustomPollerAssignment ON (Nodes.NodeID = CustomNodePollerAssignment_CustomPollerAssignment.NodeID))  INNER JOIN CustomPollerStatistics CustomNodePollerStatistics_CustomPollerStatistics ON (CustomNodePollerAssignment_CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerAssignmentID = CustomNodePollerStatistics_CustomPollerStatistics.CustomPollerAssignmentID))  INNER JOIN CustomPollers CustomNodePollers_CustomPollers ON (CustomNodePollerAssignment_CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerID = CustomNodePollers_CustomPollers.CustomPollerID)

WHERE

CustomNodePollerStatistics_CustomPollerStatistics.DateTime >= DATEADD(mi, -5,GETUTCDATE())

AND  

(CustomNodePollers_CustomPollers.UniqueName = 'Management_Version')
AND

(

(CustomNodePollerAssignment_CustomPollerAssignment.InterfaceID = 0)

)

ORDER BY Location,IP_Address ASC

Thanks in advance,

Brandon