This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

cisco 3020 interface speeds not detected correctly

I have several Cisco 3020 switches in HP C-class blade enclsoures, and all the interfaces are being detected by Orion as 10MB.  I have double checked the switch config, and all ports are set to 1000MB, Full Duplex, and are running at that speed.  How do I get Orion to detect these correctly?  I have tried running a rediscover on the swith and the interfaces, but it makes no difference.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary Sample

•  I ran into the same problem several revs back, and resorted to adding bandwidth statements to each of the 3020 interfaces:

conf t

int gi x/x

bandwidth 1000000

end

That took care of it for me.

Steve Wegrzyn

• We are somewhat a slave to the information from the device.  Check your device for the values of:

These are the OIDs we are checking for the declared speed.  If your device is responding incorrectly, then you may want to alert Cisco.  If we do not seem to be reporting the data correctly, please let me know.

Thanks

•  Gary,

What IOS version are you running on those switches? I ran into the same problem (as well as a few others) with the IOS that came loaded on the switch. In my case it was 12.2(25)SEF1 and the problems were resolved when I upgraded to 12.2(40)SE2.

--Brandon

• I ran into this the other day... I was running 12.2.(25)SEF1 on one out of 8 switches... and the others were running 12.2(27)... I upgrade the switch and it is working now.