5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2008 1:10 PM by Fodome

Availability report - when a device is not available

Andrew Story

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to generate a report detailing when a device is unavailble?  My monthly reports work well, but they work on uptime, can one be done based purley on downtime?

cheers

• Re: Availability report - when a device is not available
          Fodome

Hi Andrew,

Upon configuring the report, you have the option of choosing Downtime.  You can also add this information to an existing report by adding a cell within the "Report Cells" section of a Report's properties.  Simply go to the "Reports" tab, click the pull-down option next to a report and click "Edit Properties".  Click "Add Cell" under "Report Cells" and chose the type of cell you wish to add (graph, table or icon).  The rest should be fairly self-explanatory...but then again, I've been doing this for years.

If you additional help, let me know.

Chris Foley

Andrew Story

Got it.

Thanks again Chris.

One more (unrelated) question, can a device dependancy have a dependancy?

I've got a site with multiple dependant gateways and trying to figure out how to set these up.

Cheers

Fodome

Sure it can.  You can do it one of 2 ways:

- Simply create a group, put all of the Device dependencies within it (this will typically be all of your Ping Monitors) and then add one or more Dependencies to that group (this will typically be a Ping Monitor to your Router or Firewall).

or

- Simply create a group, put all of your Devices within this group and then add one or more Dependencies to that group.  This is the recommended method as all of the Members of the Device will depend on the Dependency for the Device as well as the Dependency for the group.

Does this make sense?

Chris Foley