This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Orion Website Error

Hi,

I Using SolarWinds Orion Network Performance Monitor v9.1.0 and SQL Server.i am accessing the Solarwinds through Web and frequently i am getting the Below Error Message.

Orion Website Error

An error has occurred with the Orion website.

Additional Information

System.Web.HttpException: Request timed out.

This Error is occur only when i am going to open the Syslog page.Is this error occurs due Solarwinds or SQL,we Already Applyed Patchs in Solarwinds,Is anybody can Explain me what will be Solution for this Error.

Thanks
Balaji
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

It's probably due to both SQL and SolarWinds.  By default, when we load that page, we are trying to load the most recent 250 trap messages.  If the DB is slow to respond, then we could timeout when trying to load the page.  The DB may be slow because you have a lot of syslog(mean the query takes a long time) or you have a lot of syslog messages coming into the database, preventing our read from occuring in a timely manner.

One thing to check is that you're trying to pull a more reasonable number of traps to begin with, in the WebUserSettings table in the database, look for the Web-TrapMaxMsgPerPage row.   Make the value in the SettingValue column is set to something reasonable like 250 for the user you're using.  If that number is really high, you may want to check out the default value for a user on the Web Settings page available from the Admin section of the website.