This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

UdNP question

If you set up a poller like the below example.  How often does the puller update the information and for this particular MIB is this the optimal settings.  There is no need for the pollers to do a poll every 2 minutes... I would like to see POLLING INTERVAL per UdNP.  Example of this.  Active connections thru a firewall.  Every 2-5 minutes... Windows Domain/workgroup name = once per day, IP addresses on all interfaces of the device = Every 15-60 minutes.

OID = 1.3.6.1.4.1.77.1.4.1

NAME = Windows_Domain

MIB VALUE TPYE = RAW VALUE

FORMAT = TEXT

SNMP GET TYPE = GET TABLE

Polling Type = NODE

Keep Historical Data = NO

• Universal Device Pollers use the statistics interval for the node or interface where they are assigned.

• Is it possible to set up in a future release the ability to change the polling interval on a per UdNP poller?  There is just soo much overhead to collect certain data that is / should be always the same.  Understanding that checking a raid for failed drives is something we want on short frequencies, however the domain that the server is in, could be done once per hour. 

•  I would also like to express that I want to see this kind of functionality.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to jkeberle
    Is it possible to set up in a future release the ability to change the polling interval on a per UdNP poller?  There is just soo much overhead to collect certain data that is / should be always the same.  Understanding that checking a raid for failed drives is something we want on short frequencies, however the domain that the server is in, could be done once per hour. 

Consider the feature requested.