This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Syslog Viewer

Is there anyway of scrolling to the right in the syslog viewer as I am unable to view all the syslog details?

• There does not appear to be scrolling ability built in to this application.  Is the web interface lacking some feature that you are using this tool for?

Thanks

• Is the web interface lacking some feature that you are using this tool for?
    Sorry for jumping in, but if you are planning to discontinue the standalone Syslog Viewer, then you should really implement the followings featuers in the web interface:

• Ability to select the columns to display.
    • Sorting by the columns.
    • Exporting the results to CSV, PDF ...

And maybe add the information of how many hits the search or filter produced with the possibility to scroll to next/prevous page.

• Is the web interface lacking some feature that you are using this tool for?

Speed. (Sorry but you asked.)

I would like to see performance enhancements to the syslog web interface. I would imagine that using ajax when filtering results might help.

• Thanks for the suggestions.  While we will probably not stop shipping the standalone, we do focus many of our enhancements on the web interface.  As always, we will try to take your suggestions and implement them in a future release.  Performance and speed is always on our list of things to improve and hopefully each release will continue to show improvements in this area.

Thanks