This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Cisco Config downloader/viewer files missing CR/LF

I want to use the config downloader to download our configs, but would like it to be in readable format for anyone that doesn't have the toolset (i.e. in Notepad).  I got it to work fine, but if I open a config in Notepad, all the CR/LF are stripped out, leaving me with a giant block of text that is difficult to read. 

Can the config downloader and/or the TFTP server be configured to leave these in?

Thanks -

Shawn

•  SNMiller - We do not process (strip cr/lfs) from the config file, my guess is that the device being downloaded from is sending the file only using lf's as line delimiters (AKA Unix text file format).  What happens when you open it with an application like notepad++ (which can recognize these text files)?

HTH,

Greg

• Greg -

You are correct, it looks good using Notepad++.  Is this a router setting, or is it possible to change this?

Thanks -

Shawn

•  Shawn - I have never seen the setting exposed on a device, but that doesn't mean yours doesn't have one...  BTW: There are many utilities to convert Unix text files to Windows text files.  You can also change them manually in most good text editors (like notepad++, UltraEdit, Etc).

HTH,

Greg