This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Traffic Summary Graph

I like all of the different statistics summary items that are available in Orion, but there is one missing - Traffic Summary - something that will do a min/max/average bits per second on a network-wide (and/or restricted view) scale. 

• Hi Ctschap,

A such resource exists in the web console and in System Manager.

In the web console you can add it to a specific view by login as an admin
     Click on Admin on the top bar > Manage Views > Edit the view on which you want to add the resource.  

Click on the + to add a new resource. Expand  the "Network Wide Summary Charts - Charts Showing Statistics Across All Managed Devices" group.

Select one of the "Network Wide Average Utilization" or "Network Wide Total Bytes Transferred" charts. Click on Submit and then Done.

In System Manager, open it and on the top of the Nodes list expand "Network Wide Summary Charts". Click on Network Wide Percent Utilization or Total Bytes Transferred over Entire Network.

HTH,

Yann

•  Yes, I am aware of those items that are currently available. What I am actually looking for, though, is Network Wide Average Traffic or Network Wide Average bps - aggregate traffic, more or less.

• Did you ever come up with a solution? I am trying to create a GRAPH that combines four interfaces (or all interfaces, then I will put it in a view that limits it to the four I am interested in) - I need a graph that looks just like a min/max/avg bps graph for a single interface, except that it combines all interfaces. I can't find anything OOTB that matches. 

I am thinking of trying to accomplish this with custom pollers but not sure if it's possible either.

Thanks for any push in the right direction...

klc2009

• klc2009,

No, I have not yet found a solution to this. I tried using custom pollers as well, but even with the fix made to transforms so they properly recognize counters, they are still not quite suitable. They still don't figure in the time between polls.

• Hi,

I'm trying too to graph some load balanced interface. that mean not having a graph with multiple interfaces on it, but a graph with the sum of the two (or more) interfaces.

i'm trying to use the ColumnSum but it's not as good as i wish.

• Any news about this feature ? Is it in work in progress or not yet ?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to MathieuJM

Any news about this feature ? Is it in work in progress or not yet ?

We're thinking about it, but we're not working on it at the moment.