This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Foundry Networks SNMP Support

Anyone,

If possible can someone give me a step by step guide to monitoring a Foundry network switch with ipMonitor? I cannot get any SNMP data from any of our Foundry switches.

SNMP is setup on the switch. I can walk its MIB with the SW tools. However, I cannot get ipMonitor to do basic things like report temperature, and cpu utilization.

Thanks.

• Are you able to get bandwidth monitors configured?   Also, are you walking the device using  SW tools from the same machine as ipMonitor or a different machine?

• Connectivity is not an issue. 

For example I have bandwidth monitors setup for a Foundry FESX424. Unfortunately that’s the only thing I can setup. There does not seem to be any available CPU, memory, or temp information. I walked the mib’s again after I posted and I cannot find data relevant to the above mentioned. I guess this hardware is just too old… ?

However, it does have the ability to send a SNMP trap if the switch starts to overheat. Is there a way to use that functionality to alert ipMonitor?

Or maybe I’m just misunderstanding.